Please note: candidates living outside the EU will not be considered.
Hypernode is a specialized hosting provider primarily focused on e-commerce. We're one of the most innovative players in this area worldwide and we're looking for someone to join our team to bridge the gap between development and operations. We have a complex product with highly technical users and in order to give our customers the best experience we need to identify and categorize the operational problems our customers encounter and automate them away for the future.
As a part of our support team you will work together with the Level 2 support engineers to solve complex customer cases. From the issues customers run into you will abstract common patterns and coordinate with the platform team to implement platform-wide solutions to prevent future customers from running into the same problems.
At Hypernode we have a good DevOps philosophy where we understand that breaking down the silos between operations and development is important to provide the best products for our customers. In this role you will get to focus on our (power) users and how they use our software, understand their use-cases and the operational problems they encounter. Then using those insights you will make an impact on all future customers by solving their problems with automation platform-wide.
Our product is managed hosting on Debian based VMs. Our customers run varying e-commerce applications (Magento, Shopware, Akeneo) and encounter various interesting problems. The stack consists of technologies such as LEMP, Varnish, Elasticsearch and RabbitMQ. Hypernode is part of team.blue, a leading digital enabler for companies and entrepreneurs. As an international power-house we serve over 2 million customers across 15 countries, supported by more than 1000 colleagues all over Europe.
What your day will look like
A DevOps Engineer who enjoys helping users with their problems and has a passion for automation. You are ready to get your hands dirty helping our Level 2 support department with complex customer tickets and you have the technical insight to spot patterns and opportunities for automating away those problems in the future. You are someone who gets a fuzzy feeling from making customers happy and are not afraid to pick up the phone or answer an email, but also has an itch to not want to do the same manual task twice if it can be helped.
- Help our Level 2 support with answering tickets from customers (including phone support)
- Identifying patterns and trends in those tickets and working with the platform devs to automate them away
- Knowledge sharing with your Level 2 and Level 1 support colleagues about technical issues
- Writing internal and external technical documentation for software, tooling and troubleshooting
- Participate in our on-call schedule
What you have
- You work and think (at least) at HBO+ level
- You have experience with Linux and modern web stacks (NGINX, php-fpm, MySQL, etc)
- You know your way around the command-line and can script in Bash, Python or equivalent
- You are a good troubleshooter who can debug complex issues and isolate a problem
- You are not afraid to take ownership of issues and are able to take the initiative when you recognize something that can be improved
- You have good communication skills and are not afraid to pick up the phone to talk to a customer
- You can conduct yourself professionally in English as we also have international colleagues. Basic understanding of Dutch and a willingness to improve your Dutch is preferred as a lot of our communication with customers is still in Dutch.
At team.blue NL you work at our office twice a week in consultation with your team. This way we give you the opportunity to build on your social contacts, to create more flexibility and to guarantee a healthy work/life balance.