Please note: candidates living outside the EU will not be considered.
Team-Blue is seeking a Business Controller to join our Finance Team in Leiden. We’re looking for the right person to help grow our business, manage our risks and deliver continual improvement in our reporting of performance. The successful person will bring a solid skill set, 7-9 years progressive experience within Finance and a hunger to make a real difference in our team. They will form part of a Business Controlling team tasked with steering the business towards challenging targets and helping implement best practice in Data Management, Analytics and Reporting in a dynamic growing business.
What your day will look like
A typical day in Business Control will begin with hands on analysis of data and gaining insights from visualization tools. Then formulating your ideas and gaining the support and sharing opinions from colleagues before formulating your advice. From this advice you move towards implementing your ideas and ensuring the execution runs smoothly.
- Sparring Partner for several Business Units, helping our colleagues understand the financial implications of decision making, and guiding them through Budget and Forecast exercise.
- Insightful Analysis of the KPI’s driving our business, and lay the solid foundations for taking profit maximizing decisions.
- Follow up on the realization of synergies and other value adding plans within the company.
- Perform ad hoc analysis for management including the tracking of performance of new Acquisitions and customer migrations between our Brands.
- Prepare business cases in collaboration with the Business Units
- Own the of Reporting, Forecasting and Planning of People Cost.
What you have
You have a strong and informed opinion but listen and value the thoughts of others. You have a can do attitude and are not deterred by obstacles in your way or unfamiliar paths. You are able to build speed and efficiency.
- Acting as a senior controller in a dynamic industry with multi Business Units.
- Hands on experience of Due Diligence, Acquisition & Sales Processes.
- Prioritization and multi-tasking.
- Attention to detail and accurate.
- Helicopter View with a vision of how to improve process and systems.
- Self-Starting and able to build relationships across teams.
- Fun and Relaxed working demeanor.
- Complex Financial / Budget Model building.
- Affinity with BI, Visualization Tools, Financial Systems.
- Stakeholder Management and guiding others.
- English essential, Dutch valued.
At team.blue NL you work at our office twice a week in consultation with your team. This way we give you the opportunity to build on your social contacts, to create more flexibility and to guarantee a healthy work/life balance.