team.blue is seeking 👀 a Head of Infrastructure Engineering to join our Infrastructure Team in Leiden.
Infrastructure Engineering (InfraEng) is responsible for delivering Scalability, Observability and Performance of our infrastructure and support to enable team.blue to maximize Service Reliability.
The scope of this role includes the following responsibilities:
- Build and extend our infrastructure which consist of several areas such as Datacenter, Network and System Engineering (DevOps), that serves over 300k customers in The Netherlands and to manage over 6000 servers.
- Drive Incident Response and Post Mortem best practices with a proactive focus on reducing recovery time (MTTR) and incident prevention through automation
- Transform business continuity practices into continuous practices
- Facilitate growth , migrations and lifecycle management for internal customers (product units), with regards to capacity management and Reliability Improvement initiatives.
- Drive a collaborative continuous improvement culture towards maximizing Service Reliability
- Collaborate with internal customers, including multiple internal reams and brands for end customers.
What your day will look like👌🏻
As Head of Infrastructure Engineering, you are responsible for leading a group of teams who maintain the infrastructure and relevant integration, tools and best practices to our Product Units.
Your role is to support your teams and help them to grow toward their goals. You get things done via collaboration, not authority. You unlock the creativity of your team and inspire them to build the best for product units, and ultimately, our customers. You are comfortable with ambiguity, but also great at driving ambiguity down. You lean heavily on iteration, and you believe failure, and failing fast, is a part of learning. You work closely with our product teams to ensure we are always working towards what’s most important for our customers. And you take full end to end ownership for all the team.blue infrastructure in the Netherlands. You will work together with other Infrastructure Teams across Europe to integrate on the infrastructure level.
In this position you will manage multiple infrastructure related projects (i.e., building new sites, migrations, facilitating infrastructure for new products) at the same time, involving several internal teams.
This also includes:
- Lead a growing group of infrastructure related teams
- Coach and develop team leads as well as team members
- Organize team structure to achieve strategic business priorities
Manage performance of teams and individual team members by setting goals and helping your team to achieve their targets
What you have👍🏻
- Hands-on experience in systems engineering, networks and datacenters
- Hands-on experience in managing multiple projects
- Extensive experience in management of multiple teams
- Experience of leading directly a team as well as managers
- Expertise with and passion for creating and improving processes
- Proactive, pragmatic and independent work approach
- Fluent in English
What's in it for you🤛🏻
- Check team.blue benefits for at least 9 reasons to work with us.
- Gross monthly salary indication based on 40 hours €7000 and €8000💰