team.blue is seeking 👀 a a Network Engineer to join our Infrastructure Engineering Team in Leiden.
This is a influential role that demands a high level of creativity and a genuine passion for new technology and methods. Working in a team of highly-skilled technologists, this role is responsible for maintaining the systems that ensure our operation runs 24/7/365. The applications we support have to be highly reliable, highly scalable and take full advantage of our platform and global reach. team.blue prides itself on the creative use of technology. As the boundary between the application-layer and platform-layer becomes increasingly blurred, this role is pivotal and demands a broad technical understanding and passion for the Hosting industry. The Network Engineer reports to the Head of Infrastructure Engineering. During sprints and projects, may indirectly report to a virtual team lead from another discipline and vice-verse. This role is required to work closely with other departments and is part of the Infrastructure Engineering group, and to work closely with suppliers and customer support teams.
What your day will look like👌🏻
- Part-of the Infrastructure & Engineering team deploying and maintaining highly reliable, highly scalable systems and applications
- Manage tools through their entire life-cycle; including documentation and version control.
- To expand, configure, support, maintain and administer the Team.Blue internal and external networks.
- Manage and monitor the network and enforce security.
- To utilize and support the monitoring systems, used for monitoring the network and distribution, including, but not limited to Grafana, LibreNMS, Icinga etc.
- Provide support, exception handling and mentoring regarding networking systems and security to relevant Operational teams, and other support teams
- Collaborating with users;
- translate user needs into solutions
What you have👍🏻
- Excellent knowledge of Network Security and firewalling
- Excellent knowledge of Juniper & Arista switches and routers
- Excellent knowledge of (MFA) authentication systems (e.g. LDAP, Radius, Tacacs etc.)
- Good knowledge of configuration automation tools like Ansible
- Good working knowledge of (routing) protocols like IS-IS, OSPF, BGP, VXLan, EVPN, etc.
- Good working knowledge of penetration testing, OS and system hardening
- Good knowledge of VPN and encryption technologies (IPSEC, SSL)
- Good knowledge of *nix operating systems.
- Good knowledge of monitoring systems (LibreNMS, TSDB systems, Grafana, etc.)
- Working experience in a *nix environment
- Working experience of virtual environments and High availability
- Setting up and maintaining centralized logging and monitoring.
- Willingness to get stuck into hardware specification and provisioning
- And last but not least: Excellent troubleshooting skills
What's in it for you🤛🏻
- Check team.blue benefits for at least 9 reasons to work with us.
At team.blue NL you work at home or from another workspace. Once a week you will work at our Leiden office in consultation with your team. The second day at the office you can choose yourself.
- team.blue NL
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
Loading application form