Please note we can only accept candidates who already live in the Netherlands.
team.blue is seeking 👀 a DevOps to join our Tech Team in Amsterdam.
Hypernode is a specialized hosting provider with complete focus on e-commerce. We're one of the most innovative players in this area worldwide and we're looking for someone to join our team to bridge the gap between development and operations. We have a complex product with highly technical users and in order to give our customers the best experience we need to identify and categorize the operational problems our customers encounter and automate them away for the future. As a part of our technology team you will work together with the Level 2 engineers at support to solve complex customer cases. Out of the issues customers run into you will abstract common patterns and work with the platform team to implement platform-wide solutions to prevent future customers from running into the same problems.
What your day will look like👌🏻
At Hypernode we have a good DevOps philosophy where we understand that breaking down the silos between operations and development is important to provide the best products for our customers. In this role you will get to focus on our (power) users and how they use our software, understand their use-cases and the operational problems they encounter. Then using those insights you will make an impact on all future customers by solving their problems with automation, platform-wide. Our product is managed hosting on Debian based VMs. Our customers run varying e-commerce applications (Magento, Shopware, Akeneo) and encounter many various interesting problems. The stack consists of technologies such as LEMP, Varnish, Elasticsearch and RabbitMQ. Hypernode is part of team.blue, a leading digital enabler for companies and entrepreneurs. As an international power-house we serve over 2 million customers across 15 countries, supported by more than 2000 colleagues all over Europe.
- Identifying patterns and trends in those tickets and working with the platform devs to automate them away
- Knowledge sharing with your Level 2 and Level 1 support colleagues about technical issues
- Writing internal and external technical documentation for software, tooling and troubleshooting
- Participate in our on-call schedule
- Help our Level 2 support with answering tickets from customers (including phone support)
What you have👍🏻
A DevOps Engineer that enjoys helping users with their problems and has a passion for automation. You are ready to get your hands dirty helping our Level 2 support department with complex customer tickets and you have the technical insight to spot patterns and opportunities for automating away those problems in the future. You are someone who gets a fuzzy feeling from making customers happy, but also has an itch to not want to do the same manual task twice.
- You are minimally at the level of HBO+ in your work and thinking
- You have experience developing software as part of a team in Python or an equivalent language
- You know your way around the command-line
- You have experience with Linux and modern web stacks (NGINX, php-fpm, MySQL, etc)
- You have used Ansible or Puppet, and knowledge of Debian packaging is a plus
- You are a good troubleshooter that can debug complex issues and isolate a problem
- You have good communicational skills and are not afraid to pick up the phone to talk to a customer
- You can conduct yourself professionally in English as we have many international colleagues
- Bonus points for having prior experience with Magento, Shopware or similar
What's in it for you🤛🏻
At team.blue NL you work at home or from another workspace. Once a week you will work at our Amsterdam office in consultation with your team. The second day at the office you can choose yourself.